PlaneWave CDK17 Telescope
Price as Configured: $22,500.00
- f/6.8 and 2939mm focal length.
- No coma, no off-axis astigmatism, and no field curvature.
- Pinpoint stars across a 70mm image circle.
- Rock solid fused silica mirrors with low thermal expansion.
- Carbon fiber optical tube assembly for rigidity and fast cooling.
- Simple secondary mirror collimation thanks to the fixed primary mirror.
Tell us what you're looking for, and we’ll point you in the right direction. Email Us.
Capturing the most stunning astrophotographs possible is what the PlaneWave team is passionate about. From design to manufacture, the goal with the Corrected Dall-Kirkham (CDK) 17″ telescope was centered around performance and ease of use. The CDK17 is an incredible breakthrough in telescope technology and produces no off-axis coma and no off-axis astigmatism. Additionally, the CDK17 provides a perfectly flat field so your astrophotographs will have stunning clarity from corner to corner of the image without field curvature degrading the photos. Offering the simplicity of single-mirror collimation, the stray light control of advanced baffles, structural performance created through finite element analysis (FEA), and decades of telescope design experience, the CDK17 is an exceptional diffraction-limited telescope. CDK17 users can experience pinpoint stars edge-to-edge and a 61 x 61 arcminute field of view when using large 16803 size camera sensors.