PlaneWave CDK400 Observatory System
Price as Configured: $42,500.00
Tell us what you're looking for, and we’ll point you in the right direction. Email Us.
- CDK17 optical tube:
- f/6.8 and 2939mm focal length
- No coma, no off-axis astigmatism, and no field curvature.
- Pinpoint stars across a 70mm image circle.
- Rock solid fused silica mirrors with low thermal expansion.
- Carbon fiber optical tube assembly for rigidity and fast cooling.
- Simple secondary mirror collimation thanks to the fixed primary mirror.
The PlaneWave Instruments CDK17 is a 17-inch (0.43m) f/6.8 Corrected Dall-Kirkham Astrograph telescope. The CDK17 has a dual carbon-fiber truss design, with 3 cooling fans ejecting air from the back of the telescope, and 4 fans blowing across the boundary layer of the mirror’s surface. The CDK17 covers a 70 mm field of view without any field curvature, off-axis coma, or astigmatism. The instrument weight is 94 lbs (43 kg) and comes standard with a backplate retaining ring ready to accept the focuser of your choice. All CDK17 telescopes come with fused silica primary and secondary mirrors.
- L-500 direct drive mount:
- Zero periodic error, zero backlash, and minimal maintenance due to the lack of gears.
- Slew speeds up to 50 degrees/sec for satellite tracking and fast target acquisition.
- Sidereal tracking accuracy of < 0.30 arcseconds RMS over 5 minutes.
- High resolution optical encoders on both axes for precision feedback.
- Can be installed in either equatorial, or alt/az configuration.
- Includes PWI4 software (ASCOM compliant) for mount control
- Direct-drive motors on each axis for smooth, fast, and virtually silent movement of the telescope
- Slew speeds up to 50 degrees per second
- High-resolution encoders on each axis for precise positioning
- Zero backlash
- Zero periodic error
- PointXP mount modelling software
- Enclosed electronics
- Through the mount cabling