Complete HyperTune® service for your German equatorial mount
The HyperTune® telescope mount service is for those owners who want their telescope mounts cleaned, repaired and adjusted to top performance.
The HyperTune® Standard telescope mount service includes but is not limited to:
- Complete inspection of the equatorial mount head.
- Complete dismantle of the equatorial mount head.
- Inspection and cleaning of each telescope mount part - removing all metal burrs, shavings, thick grease and foreign objects.
- High resolution sanding and polishing of moving internal parts to a mirror-like finish resulting in high smoothness of internal metal parts and “glide like” performance from your telescope mount.
- Inspection and adjustment of motors and encoders with gear set screws replaced as necessary.
- Reassembly of your equatorial telescope mount using high grade synthetic grease.
- Resetting of worm gear meshing.
- Adjustment of backlash settings in RA and DEC.
Your equatorial mount will be evaluated and you will be notified if any telescope mount repairs beyond those listed above might be necessary. The HyperTune® service doesn't include any telescope mount repair work not listed above. Additional telescope mount repairs may be available for an extra fee which will be quoted to you for your approval. Otherwise, every aspect of your equatorial mount is enhanced or repaired without replacement.
Other equatorial mount upgrades offered by Deep Space Products like PTFE bearings and ceramic hybrid bearings may be purchased separately and installed professionally by us as part of the HyperTune® Standard telescope mount service.